- 2/19/2021- A new partnership to address violence
- 11/20/2020- Helping a family cope with tragedy, and CCC's annual report for FY 2020 (July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020)
- 8/25/2020- New website. Chester history, structural racism, and helping to heal
- 5/12/2020- For decades, gun violence has disproportionately affected disadvantaged African-American neighborhoods, and now these same communities are hardest hit by coronavirus. Book Report: Uneasy Peace: The Great Crime Decline, the Renewal of City Life, and The Next War on Violence. Philip Sharkey
- 3/21/2020- The first months of this year have seen too many lives ended too soon. We keep these names in memory, and pray for comfort for their mourning families.
Book Report: In Pursuit of Peace: Building Police Community Trust to Break the Cycle of Violence. Giffords Law Center.
- 11/20/2019- It has been a busy, productive fall for us, with a lot to be grateful for! Recruitment is up and attrition is down from last year. Book Report: Bleeding Out: The Devastating Consequences of Urban Violence and a Bold New Plan. by Thomas Abt.
- 9/17/2019- Chester Community Coalition’s Annual Report for FY 2019 (July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019)
- 4/17/2019- Thanks to lots of input and, in collaboration with the therapists from Child Guidance Resource Centers, we are happy to introduce our new name and logo! Book Report: Wrong Place, Wrong Time: Trauma and Violence in the Lives of Young Black Men. Dr. John A. Rich
- 2/19/2019- Recently, our work was covered by the Philadelphia Inquirer. We are thankful to our client, Selina, for sharing her experience with our program.
- 10/23/2018- Once upon a time, there was an old man who used to go to the ocean to do his writing.He had a habit of walking on the beach every morning before he began his work.
- 7/11/2018- Chester, PA- June 28, 2018 - The Chester Community Coalition has received a $421,731 grant from Catholic Health Initiatives’ Mission and Ministry Fund through the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia to provide trauma-informed support services to survivors of gun violence and $9,800 from Congregation Ohev Shalom’s Outreach Grant to provide art therapy for young children from families bereaved by violence in Chester, PA.
- 5/11/2018- Once upon a time, there was an old man who used to go to the ocean to do his writing.He had a habit of walking on the beach every morning before he began his work.
- 4/16/2018- During 2017, gun homicides and accidents killed 15,549 Americans; out of that number, only 433 were killed in mass shootings. Can you tell by the media coverage? Book report on Race and the Politics of Deception: The Making of an American City. Christopher Mele